Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Friday 10 February 2012

Test Shots


These five pictures are my test shots for my magazine, I shot these inside in the studio and then I did a few shots outside against a brick wall. I really do like how these pictures have turned out, considering there test shots, I am definitely going to be shooting in these two places, they seem to be perfect for the look of my magazine. The first image is a medium shot, I will be using a shot like this for my double page spread, this is so the reader can see more than just the models face close up. The second and third shots are perfect results of close up shots, I really like how these have turned out, the eye line is great, as they are looking straight into the camera, which will make the reader feel more connected when they see the picture as they will see the model close up and in detail. The four and fifth images are great shots of medium close ups, there in a great position with the camera, and the eye line is good to as their looking directly into the camera, this gives the reader a better image of the types of clothes the model wears and the poses. I will be using close up shots for the front cover main image and the contents page, I feel this will work better for my magazine and look more professional.


I would say the strengths in these test shots would be that, most of them turned out the way I wanted them too. I think that the second picture is a great example of a close up, which is what the images I am going to use in my magazine, this will be the main style of image I am going to sue, apart from the double page spread, where I'll use a medium shot. 
The weaknesses in these test shots, would probably the angle of the models, in a few of the images, they are facing towards the side, but they are looking into the camera lens, which is a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment