Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Article Draft


Taylor Weeks’ appearance at the Royal Variety performance in December 2011 was one of the most exciting and thrilling performances of pop.  Until she was discovered on YouTube in 2008, Taylor Weeks was almost entirely unknown.  She’d recorded her first album ‘Searching For Myself’ in 2009, but interestingly enough it didn’t surface on iTunes until over a year later with her first single release ‘Independent Woman’. She performed this in front of the Queen and on Live Television, for everyone to watch, not just was the voice amazing and so touching, but the dress she was wearing was out of this world, it was a floor gown, dipped in diamonds and sparkles, head to toe.
Today though, Taylor shows her different style, casual chique, with a messy up do, bangs out and rocking her vintage Levi shorts.  It’s 9.03 am, and the gorgeous Taylor is running a bit late for our interview, sat waiting in her lavish London apartment in Covent Garden’s.

So Tay, tells us all about what you really thought about your performance at the Royal Variety?

I just can’t believe that, I actually got to perform, in front of the Queen, I mean me a Yorkshire girl living in the countryside, with no actually dreams. I still can’t believe it; I’m just feel so honoured, to have been given the chance to perform.

How amazing was your dress may I just say, you looked amazing, what designer was it?

Ahh thanks, how sweet. It was Chanel; I don’t think I’ve ever worn something so gorgeous in fact never, [laughs out loud].

So what made you start uploading videos to YouTube?

I don’t really know actually, I mean it was just randomly one day and it was raining outside and I didn’t really know what to do, so I thought I’d strum along to my guitar and sing, and then I just ended up recording it with my camera. It was quite scary to upload to You Tube though as I didn’t know what people would think about it, I didn’t really tell anybody about my videos at first.

So your videos must have been having a lot of views?

I know it was crazy the response I was getting from them, I still can’t really believe, that I’ve come this far from been a You Tube up loader.

So what was it like been on stage with Lady Gaga at the Brit Awards, I mean her actually giving you your award to you?

It was just mind blowing, to actually be there with all those amazing artists and bands, it felt surreal, like I wasn’t even there, like a fly on the wall, [laughs to herself]. I couldn’t believe that Lady Gaga herself was handing me my award, I just felt so honoured and I couldn’t believe that I had won an actually award, it was crazy.

Have you got a new album coming out this year?

I don’t want to say to much, but I have been going to the studio to record, so you’ll just have to wait and see!

Will there be any worldwide tours anytime soon?

Hopefully something in the next year or two, I was trying to plan things, but there’s nothing official yet. I don’t know if there would be anything worldwide, maybes in the UK though, we’ll see

You love keeping us on the edge, who would you say inspires you music wise?

I’d probably have to say Lana Del Ray, Kate Nash, Lily Allen, Florence and the Machine, Adele, Oh there’s so many, I just take my inspiration from anything and everyday life really, where ever the lyrics take me really.



No comments:

Post a Comment