Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Friday 10 February 2012

Evidence of me organising costume, props & make-up


These are my test shots for the make-up style that I am going to use for my magazine. I tried to go for a brown smokey eye look, I really like this look and I think it works really well on blonds, as well as dark haired people, I think this will be perfect for my models. I will then use eye liner and put it on the upper eye lid, but then I am also thinking about applying a line underneath and then smudge, so it makes it really smokey eyes. Mascara will be a definite use as this emphasises the eyelashes and makes them look longer and darker, which makes the eyes look bolder and stand out more. I will use blusher for the cheeks to make the models look rosey cheeked, also nice and flushed.

Steps On How To Get This Look:

First I applied the eyeshadow, I blended them all in together, to make them look like the smokey eyes. I then applied the gel eyeliner on the top of the eyelid, I brought it curling up at the sides of the eyes, which I think looks really cute. I then applied the mascara to both the top and bottom eyelashes. Last I applied the blusher to make the cheeks look rosy.


I have chosen these images above as these were the styles of make-up I really like, and maybes considering doing something similar to these. I love Beyonce's eye make-up I think it looks great and it makes her eyes stand out even more, which is a good thing as people seem to be drawn in by the eyes, which is a good selling point. I also like how Adele's is just quite simple, it's nothing over the top and so dramatic, which works really well, I love the eyeliner it stands out amazingly and it looks great, it makes her eyes stand out and i love how natural it all looks. I think that my make up shots do seem to look good and are similar to the style that I was looking at, they eyeliner is great and the brown smokey eyes, with the rosy cheeks.

For Props and Costumes, I am thinking about dressing my models up in leather, levi shorts, practically anything that is 'in fashion' at the time and whats in the shops, so like graphic t-shirts, coloured shorts. I think that this sort of fashion style works well with the type of music genre which I am going for, as this is the sort of things they tend to wear.







No comments:

Post a Comment