Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Constructing My Front Cover


This first image is of the making of my magazine front cover, I put on guidelines, to make the outline of my magazine, and so I work in that box and just leave the outside lines free. I set the guidelines to 0.5 cm,  20.5 cm, this was for the vertical lines. For the horizontal lines, I did 0.5 cm and 29.2 cm.


This second image is the beginning stages of my Magazine front cover, I have put my Masthead on as well as my Skyline. I used dafont.com, to find the fonts that I wanted to use for my magazine, I feel that these fonts work well with my magazine and how I want it to look. 


This third image is a bit more of my front cover in construction, in this image I have now added two Sell Lines to it, I just used the fonts on Photoshop, to make these Sell Lines. I really like the '100 most...' Sell Line, it looks really creative and looks like a professionally magazine.


In this fourth image I have added the Main Sell Line to my Front Cover, which is 'Molly Breaks the U.S'. I thought that this Sell Line was quite catchy, so people will want to read more about the article inside, about how she's made it. The 'Molly' font was from dafont.com, but the 'Breaks the U.S' was just from Photoshop. I really like these fonts and I think they work really well together, I wanted to try and get the same style as the Rolling Stone issue with Adele on the front, as it was nice and simple, but eye catching at the same time. At the top I have also added the Issue number and the date as well as the website for the magazine.


This is an update of my front cover, I have made quite a few changes to it. In the end I changed the model that I was going to use originally to another one, so in that case i had to change the Main Sell Line to her name which is Heather, but I thought that Heath looked good and I think giving her a nickname will make the audience feel more connected to her. I finally added an image, I love this image I think she looks amazing and also she looks connected to the magazine as she's staring into the camera lens, so it makes her more connected to the audience. I decided to make my sell lines a bit smaller and I think this makes it look better and the image stands out more when it's like that, there not to small, so there still very readable. I'm very pleased with my final outcome of my front cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment