Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Primary Audience Research

I conducted some primary audience research in order to find out what appeals to my target audience, to discover any flaws or potential improvements that could be made to my magazines genre, but to also identify any gaps in the market and place a refreshing new twist on the genre.



 These are the chosen products that I conducted my research on.


These are the questions i asked my sample?


1. What do you like about the fonts?
2. What are your three favourite things you like about this          magazine?
3. What do you think of the style/ colours, how would you change it?
4. Does the magazine catch your eye, or does it all seem to blend into one?
5. What do you like about the images?
6. Do you find this contents page easy to navigate around?
7. Do you like the layout of the front cover and contents page?
8. What improvements would you make to the front cover and contents page?
9. Is the main image appealing?
10. Do you find this magazine interesting and does it stand out?


From the research I did with a selective sample from my target audience I found out that:






From my samples of different audiences i have found out that people find the fonts really stand out as the colours go well together, so I am going to take that into consideration and maybes on my magazine I may use black, white and red for my colour scheme, as i believe and other people have said also that they work and look well together. They all seem to say that the images look good and that they work well with the magazine and they stand out on the magazine. One thing that could be changed is the brightness of the colours, some people said they looked a bit bland and dull, so I may brighten my colours up. 

Below is a list of stylistic decisions I'll make for my project following my audiences feedback.

  • Use red, black and white as my main colours
  • brighten up the colours a bit as these ones are a bit dull
  • use a female model on the front cover as it appeals to women and men, as women aspire to be like them and men see them as a sex appeal
  • use italic fonts
  • close up medium image
  • put the main sell line in the middle of the front cover
  • make sure that contents page is easy to navigate to get to other pages





No comments:

Post a Comment