Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Monday 30 January 2012

Flat Plans





 These three images are my first flat plans for my magazine, I have a front cover, a contents page and a double page spread, which I am going to make.


Front Cover:


  • For the Mast Head I have chosen just one number, I think this makes it look different and it stands out a lot since it is going to be bold. It's going to be a white number three in a red background, this makes it stand out and very visible to the eye
  • The skyline is going to be white font on a black background, I am only using the colours black, white and red, this is because i find that these stand out the most and are very eye catching. it is going to be in a bold font so it stand out
  • For my main image I plan to just have one main image, and it is going to be a close up of a model, this is so the audience and readers will feel more connected to them as they'll be closer and there will be more detail in them, instead of having an image of them further away. I will then have the main sell lines and other sell lines over the top of the image, so the readers can read the sell lines
  • In order for my magazine to look professional I am going to include a price of the magazine, issue number, publishing information and the date of when the magazine is published and valid till. From my research on magazines these are the common features that appear on a front cover, to make them look professional
Contents Page:

  • On my contents page I have divided into six different sections. These are the skyline, the features section, the every month section, a review section, a small image at the bottom of the page and finally the main image
  • The main image is going to have two models stood there looking at the camera and it's a close up image, this will make the audience feel more connected to the artists featured in the image
  • The features section is going to be what is featuring in the magazine this month, this is so the readers can find pages quickly which they're interested in
Double Page Spread:

  • For my double page spread, I have decided to split my page in half, I'll have the main image on the left hand side of the page and then the article will be on the right hand side of the page. The main title is going to be big on the right hand side of the page, so it stands out to the readers
  • To make my magazine more professional I am going to include page numbers, the name of the photographer, model names and the name of the magazine, this will make it look more like a professional magazine which you would buy from a shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment