Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Flat Plans



Front Cover:

This front cover page and contents page, were both designed by me as sketches for the real one. I decided to do this layout and colour scheme for so many different reasons, one of the main ones though is because of my Inspirational Pages, I designed my pages around these inspirational pages, so they they'll look very similar in design. For the 'Mast Head' I decided to stick to one bold and block colour, this is so it stands out and is very eye catching. Every weekly issue will have a different colour for the 'Mast Head'. I've decided for the front cover I am going to have one main image, which is medium close up, I've decided to only stick to one, so it draws in a lot of attention and there's no other distractions on the front cover, it will show a lot of detail close up. I have decided to use a goldy/yellow for the 'Skyline', this is so it stands out on the white background and also goes with the green 'Mast Head', this will also change colour weekly, but will always contrast well with the 'Mast Head'. This is at the bottom of the page. Other writing on the page will be in bold black, so it stands out well, with the white background and doesn't clash with the other colours. The 'bar code' is placed at the bottom right hand side of the page, this is so it's viewable but isn't getting in the way, as it would be annoying if it was placed in the middle page, ruining the 'Main Image'.

Contents Page:

The Contents page 'Main Title' is very similar to the 'Mast Head' on the front cover, just it's a smaller size. There's a main image in the middle of the page, which promotes the content of the magazine, on the right hand side, there is a 'Contents section' which shows what is going to be in the magazine, and what page its on. At the bottom of the page it has information on subscriptions, this is to be eye catching and to make people want to sign up for it. The layout of this page is very similar to my 'Inspirational Pages' I think it works well, how its laid out, the colours go well with each other as there the same as the ones on the front cover, they go so well with the white background.

No comments:

Post a Comment